So one of the blogs I follow found a "30 things my kids should know about me" challenge. The point is to create a list over 30 days (or however long you want it to take you) and hang onto it for keepsakes to give to your kids. I think I will print off what I type up and find some way to scrapbook it along with random pictures.
1. I'm a perfectionist. I usually spend HOURS on a project trying to get it just right.
2. My favorite colors are mustard yellow and pea green.
3. I love art in all forms. I've secretly wanted to take it on as a career but I'm too scared to try and master any of it.
4. I refuse to watch scary movies. Who likes to purposely give themselves nightmares?!
5. I'm a pretty sensitive person but not a lot of people realize that.
6. I am one of the most passionate people you will ever meet. Every emotion I feel about something is always to the extreme...never mediocre. My anger is a lot harder to control because of this.
7. Tulips are the ONLY flower I like/will strive to keep alive longer than a day.
8. I love sports and that I can enjoy them alongside your dad. I am by no means a girly-girl.
9. I'd like to live in a cottage some day. There's something so quaint and peaceful about them.
10. I could sit and down a whole bag of salt n' vinegar chips if my mouth would let me.
11. My favorite animals are Leopards, Tigers, and Sharks.
12. I love to knit, crochet, and sew. Your dad laughs because he hadn't realized how much of an old soul I am.
13. The first concert I ever went to was New Found Glory.
14. I will NEVER go hunting. I absolutely refuse to shoot animals unless it's a snake.
15. Fried cheese and raisins are my least appreciated foods.
16. I don't believe in luck/karma. Just God.
17. I dislike rap music with a strong passion.
18. I am only ticklish on my bones.
19. I had braces for 2 1/2 years.
20. Everything is all fun and games to me which means I don't get embarrassed. This will probably haunt you as teenagers!
Here is the list in case you'd like to do it as well!
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
14. Describe 5 and weaknesses strengths you have.
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What was it like to be pregnant with Malachi (and Judah)?
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.