Monday, February 4, 2013

Holy Spirit you are welcome here

The past few months I've been in a season of persistence and holding my ground. It's been confusing trying to figure out what to do, where to go next, and what God's desire is in the midst of this. I tend to be a bit of an energizer bunny. When I'm called to wait on God and rest until he instructs me forward I find myself feeling lost.

Yesterday I finally came to a revelation which hit me like a ton of bricks. It's like God just downloaded something in my heart that explained part of His purpose for my life.  I can't tell you how excited I am to partner with God and strengthen the areas of my life that need it most. It's so fitting that Stephen and I were just having a heart to heart the other day about stagnant lifestyles and not wanting to be a part of that.

1 Peter 1:14-16So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say,"You must be holy because I am holy."


I find myself desiring more of God's reign in my life as a wife and mother especially. You and I are both called to live a life of passion for our creator. It's time to stop living dull lives that are comfortable and satisfy our human desires.

Romans 12:2Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.


I don't know about you but I want to wake up every morning and INVITE God into my home. I want my life to glorify Him in every way including the tone I set in our home. I want intimacy to be the driving force in why I desperately need God and not the trials or fiery times of this life. Being a homemaker can be discouraging at times because it feels like other areas of ministry are not receiving enough of me. God has shifted my focus to see that our home is our dwelling place. Being a successful mother/wife is NOT defined by having things picked up, dinner cooked, and happy occupants. Through God revealing this to me I've felt like a weight has been lifted off.

There is nothing greater than the peace that God offers. I encourage you to hold firm to Him even when his timing exceeds your patience and understanding.

"Bring Me your weakness, and receive My PEACE. Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remembering that I am sovereign over everything. As you live in the radiance of My Presence, My peace shines upon you. You will cease to notice how weak or strong you feel, because you will be focusing on  Me. The best way to get through this day is step by step with Me. Continue this intimate journey, trusting the path you are following is headed for heaven."


No comments:

Post a Comment