So I know that there are a lot of weight loss blogs and websites out there far more professional than mine. I'm not claiming to be a know-it-all or be the best, but I just can't help wondering how many people around me have been fed lies about food. So many people are scared to allow certain foods in their diet because they want to reach their goal as quickly as possible OR because they are mislead and think it will cause them to stall.
It is my passion to get educated about the human body, so much so that I'm heavily considering a career in Sports Medicine. I used to think that people who buy strictly organic food and WHOLE GRAINS were all hippies being over cautious about food. There is something magical that happens when you educate yourself about the human body and the stuff you've been putting in it. Learning stuff like "100% grass fed beef is healthier, filled with more nutrients, and has less fat" DOES matter. I'm not turning hippie on all of you, just pointing out how many chemicals and pesticides are used on our non-organic food that COULD be leading to some huge health problems Americans have (aside from Obesity.)
This is where I quit rambling and share with you some links/info that is VERY helpful to know.
1. After a workout you need to eat PROTEIN. Whether it's a protein shake, protein bar, or meat and veggies..you should be eating within 30-45 minutes after your workout. You lose energy when you exercise and you NEED to replace it!
2. Make simple steps in your everyday diet by cutting out whole wheat breads and instead buying Sprouted Grain which you shouldn't be eating more than 2 slices a day even if it's healthier.
3. Sweet potatoes are actually BETTER for you than regular potatoes! No sweet potato fries DON'T count I'm sorry.
4. I found this awesome calendar at the doctor's office yesterday and can't get enough of it. READ IT! ...better yet print it out and hang it as a daily reminder.
5. It can be EXPENSIVE to buy local and organic but you can't put a price tag on your families health.
The calendar introduced me to this website where you can view a list of fruits/veggies that are pretty safe to buy non-organic, and then the ones you absolutely hands down should buy organic because of the pesticide levels.
6. You can't go wrong eating fruits, vegetables, unprocessed meats, nuts, and unaltered grains. Watch this video to better understand what sugars and bad fats do to your body. Ignore the ridiculous sales pitch at the end. You don't need to pay money to this site to plan meals for you...just get educated.
I hope that all of these resources are helpful to you guys and if you find yourself trying to apply the above but come across a question, go to www.Livestrong.com and type it into the search bar. It is a trusted site that won't tell you to do crazy unnecessary things!