Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oink Oink

Tonight I decided to venture out a little and make something besides chicken or fish.
I've had pork many times in my life before, but never cared to cook it myself.  I think I've just always
hated how dry it is....unless it's smothered in sauce...pork is just a dry meat.
Despite what I think of it I ventured off to New Seasons Market and browsed the types of
cuts they had to offer. I don't speak the meat language so the man at the counter was nice
enough to tell me that cutlets were going to be my fastest route and tonight, that's exactly what
I was looking for. So for all of you connoisseur's out there wondering why I chose  cutlets, it's because I don't like dealing with bones and thick meat!


Don't laugh that I did my grilling with a George...it's freezing and wet outside!
Actually, I'm not going to lie I LOVE this thing!
 You'll have to ignore the crappy camera phone pictures...I was too lazy to bust out the good camera.
This meal consisted of Cutlets, sweet potatoes, and sparagus.

Ingredients you'll need:3-4 tbs Olive oil
1/2 tsp Salt
4-5 sprigs fresh Thyme
4-5 sprigs fresh Rosemary
2 tsp Cumin
Pepper to taste
1 tsp Garlic
6 Pork Cutlets

Directions:First take your meat and tenderize it. If you don't have a meat tenderizer, beat it
with a knife. Next combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then you are
going to take the "wet rub" and rub/massage it into the pieces of pork until well seasoned.
This is where I let my meat sit and marinate for an hour. After 30-40 minutes I started
to prepare my sweet potatoes and asparagus. I grilled my asparagus on the grill
while I boiled my sweet potatoes until they were tender.

When my potatoes were soft enough I mashed them and added about a 1/2-1 cup of unsweetened
Almond milk while stirring. This just helps loosen up the consistency. When my potatoes were
finally smooth I sprinkled in some cinnamon and nutmeg and called it good.

After my veggies had finished grilling I threw on the pork for about 5 minutes MAX and called
it good. I ran out of apple sauce so I quickly blended a couple of pears in my blender
to make pear sauce for dipping. It wasn't bad with the pears, but I'll definitely have to try my little recipe
again when I have apples! Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment