Sunday, December 4, 2011

Chicken Stirfry Recipe




So I know I said I was going to post a recipe yesterday but life got a little busy! Tonight I decided to attempt a chicken stirfry but considering I couldn't use Kikkoman's terriyaki sauce like I did in the past, I had to try and get  creative. When I cook meals I cook enough to last me the next few days so I'm not always cooking. Here is a picture of my finished product!





Ingredients:

1 green bell pepper, 8-10 mini peppers (the yellow, orange, and red ones which is what I had so if you want
to just buy all 4 colors of bell peppers full sized it would be easier and you'd use all of them), sugar snap peas, 
3.5 boneless chicken breasts, a few handfuls of broccoli florets, smoked sea salt to taste, a dab of Braggs Liquid Aminos, chinese 5 spice to taste ( I probably added 2 tsp worth I don't really measure when I cook), water, and 1-2 tbsp of Walden Farms barbecue sauce (once again I don't measure and I use walden farms because it's calorie and sugar free!)

Directions:
set stove burner to the notch slightly below "'medium high", place saucepan with desired amount of water in it on the burner and let heat, cut your chicken into cubes of desired size, add in WF BBQ sauce to pan along with chicken, then cut up all of your vegetables and throw them in and let simmer for a couple of minutes, stir everything together then add chinese 5 spice...Liquid Aminos... and salt, stir once more then cover and let simmer until done.

SIDE NOTE:
If you have something at home you want to add to the mix feel free! Obviously this stirfry isn't going to beat
the stuff that you're used to eating but it was definitely satisfying and a MUCHHHHH healthier option. Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are really inspiring Danelle! I'm trying Weight Watchers, but I'm not quite ballsy enough to blog about it :) Thanks for the good recipe!

    ReplyDelete