Thursday, November 10, 2011

A day in the life of us

I've decided to start blogging about our life to start making things a little more interesting. We have a lot of family who have not yet met our son or even Stephen for that matter so I figured it'd be fun to post updates since everyone else is doing it! 

There is nothing greater than being a stay at home mom. Malachi and I get lonely when Stephen isn't around but we are thankful that he has a job to go to. Our daily schedule usually consists of waking up around 9:30  and eating breakfast between then and 10:00.
Malachi gets to watch Caillou or one of his favorite movies when he wakes up. Lunch is usually right before nap time aka his crankiest time of day. He really isn't a hard kid to watch all day everyday but he has been getting pretty clingy with me lately which isn't helping my patience level! Our favorite time of day is when daddy calls to say he's coming home. Malachi always wants me if he's tired but other wise he LOVES his daddy and their play/wrestling time. I've never been able to get this kid to laugh the way Stephen does!

Here's a list of Malachi's favorite Movies:  Cars, The incredibles, Lion King,  Kung Fu Panda, and Toy Story.( we saw toy story on ice last month and I bought Malachi a decent sized "woody" doll he has not put him down since. It's like he knows Woody was Andy's best friend.)




He's always been really into his cars, trains, and tractors, but lately he's added his army men to the mix.



This is a picture of him reading. He is obsessed with getting into his book cabinet and looking at all the pictures.





Our downstairs neighbors probably hate having a two year old living above them. He is always jumping, running, and playing wwe smack down with his toys.


Life is still good even though we don't see Stephen anywhere near as much as we used to. Nothing is really new on his end. Me on the other hand...I've finally put my foot down and decided to start eating healthier and get my butt in shape. It's crazy how much happens when you put all of the fat processed foods down! I'll be posting progress as soon as it's obvious in hopes to encourage others who are thinking of taking this step. People keep asking us when the next baby will make it's appearance in my womb. Honestly I want a little girl so bad, but I'm choosing to get healthy first. Doesn't make a lot of sense to some people but it doesn't have to. God is in control of my womb, not us. If I get pregnant before I'm done with my weightloss journey we will still be happy, if we don't, we will continue to enjoy our time as a family and getting to know Malachi on a personal level I'm not sure we would if there were two kids in the mix. I'm glad/proud he's had our undivided attention for the past 2 years. So this is our life right now, busy, humble, and quaint. We couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment